TPI has partnered with a Southern Vermont company looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team! This is a first shift position paying $15/hour!
- Monitor invoice due dates to avoid missing deadlines, discounts or unnecessary disbursements of funds. Maintain a payment system that takes advantage of the best terms with vendors.
- Review and reconcile vendor statements, research and resolve discrepancies.
- Receive, screen and process invoices from vendors, check against purchasing system.
- Review and verify invoices and check requests, sort, code and match invoices. Enter invoices into system Reconciles various accounts by
identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
Receives, researches and resolves a variety of internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies.
- Create, maintain and handle vendor relations, by written and verbal correspondence.
- Analyzes invoices and expense reports for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures within the work team.
- Set invoices up for payment, prepare and generate payments to vendors.
- Receive, screen and process invoices from vendors, Review and verify
invoices and check requests, sort, code and match invoices.
- Determine for each vendor the processing terms, such as net 30, net 10.
- Maintain a communication process within the work team so all are aware.
- Maintain a payment system that takes advantage of the best terms with vendors.
- For Capital and EB-5 Projects create, manage and maintain the processes for special check runs.
- Track expenses and process expense reports.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Prepare analysis of accounts.
- Maintain vendor files, ensuring each vendor has an up to date W-9 form.
- Handle vendor relations, by written and verbal correspondence.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and other reports. Assist with month, quarter and year end closing.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Keep Controller and/or Assistant Controller informed of deviations in normal purchasing histories and patterns.
Associates degree in Accounting or related field plus 1-3 years of experience in accounts payable/bookkeeping or a combination of education and
experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and
Excellent math skills. Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
Good general clerical and administrative skills.
Prior experience with Microsoft, MAS90, Sage or other accounting software experience required.
Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with a variety of company personnel as well as outside vendors
Able to stand and/or sit at a desk for long periods of time.
Able to reach, bend, grasp, kneel, push, pull, and twist as needed in office environment.
Repetitive tasks including using a keyboard and mouse.
- Hours are flexible, 40 hours guaranteed!