TPI Staffing has partnered up with a Central Vermont manufacturer looking to add a Materials Manager to their growing team. This is a direct hire position in which you would be responsible for materials purchasing, warehouse/inventory control, and scheduling functions for a large manufacturing facility. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a fast growing company!
- Use MRP reports and “pull” inventory concepts to plan and manage raw material, WIP, and finished goods inventory levels, establish production requirements, and oversee scheduling of molding and secondary operations.
- Oversee purchase requisitions for raw material and MRO items. Obtain proper authorization signatures, and call in purchase orders to suppliers, verifying price and delivery at that time.
- Oversee the facility Scheduler using internal software
- Oversee raw materials inventory, finished goods inventory and the shipping and receiving department.
- Using “pull” concepts, maintain inventory at optimal levels.
- Perform cycle counts monthly and annual physical inventory for raw materials and finished goods. Periodically review inventory obsolescence.
- Provide Plant Manager with specified month end inventory, variance, and premium freight reports.
- Investigate RM and FG inventory level discrepancies when needed.
- Perform Bill of Material and internal ISO audits.
- Spearhead corrective ations on any rejected/non-conforming product.
- Must be able to perform all job duties required to reliably back up the Scheduler, Purchaser and Shipping and Receiving Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Business (or related discipline) and/or APICS certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ materials management/supply chain and scheduling experience in a “fast paced” manufacturing environment required.
- Strong understanding of pull inventory management concepts and experience using ERP/MRP planning systems.
- Ability to apply strong planning, organizational and leadership skills in a hands- on, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in purchasing required.
- Problem solving methodology desired.
- Computer literate with MRP system/software experience required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- l Mon-Fri l 8:00am-5:00pm
- Low to mid 80's depending in experience
|Use the boxes below to fill out a simple job application. Your recruiter will contact you quickly to go over your information and schedule an interview to see if you qualify for this or other positions.
Apply For This Position Below.