Our partner, a Hillsborough County employer is looking for a Medical Assistant to join their team! The Certified/Registered Medical Assistant performs clinical support procedures under the direct supervision of the Office Nurse or Physician. To be considered for this you must hold board certification by an accredited program. Get your foot in the door and see where this career path will
- Board certification by an accredited program required
- Performs blood draws, injections, immunizations, lab tests and any other procedures that are pertinent to the practice and within scope of MA certification.
- Assists physician in examinations, which may include taking blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration.
- Keeps rooms cleaned and stocked with necessary supplies.
- Takes and returns patient phone calls as directed by Physician.
- Gives instructions to patients as instructed by physician.
- Requisitions supplies as needed to maintain adequate stock.
- Assists with the maintenance of the medical record including completion of referral forms, lab slips, and other pertinent documentation as requested by the Physician.
- Assists patients getting to and from exam rooms, preparing for exam, as requested, and during procedures.
- Assists with any nursing procedure as directed by the Physician.
- Assists the patients as needed, getting to and from the exam rooms, prep patients for exam and treatments.
- Assists in other areas as requested by Manager and/or Clinical Coordinator, operating within the guideline of MA certification.
- Two years in a formal Medical Assistant curriculum, special training for Medical Assistants.
- Demonstrated relevant experience of at least 3 years as a Medical Assistant in a medical setting.
- Must maintain certification/registration as a Medical Assistant.
- Must have the ability to get along well with patients and co-workers, as well as the ability to work independently although under supervision.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must understand and be able to fulfill physical requirements of this position.
- Cleanliness, neatness, ability to handle stressful situations in a calm manner, a caring nature, and genuine enjoyment of patients are required.
- Emotional stability is also required.
- Must be aware of the need for discretion and for keeping confidential all matters relating to the practice, its employees, and patients.
- 1st Shift | Mon-Fri | 10:00am-7:00pm
- Hourly rate based on experience