A Brattleboro area day school is looking for an Assistant Teacher to join their team! In this role you will be responsible for assisting the lead teacher in their designated classroom. This person must have a warm and friendly personality, and be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others. They must be able to relate to children, families and employees.
- Adjust to needs of center and teachers.
- Maintain child development needs according to classroom age level.
- Greet parents.
- Assist in supervision of children, maintain child: teacher ratios.
- Supervise all playground and gym activities according to polices, procedures and rules.
- Serve snacks, bottles (if applicable) and meals during specific meal times.
- Maintain general housekeeping duties (including but not limited to, bleaching applicable materials, washing dishes, vacuuming, mopping floors,
taking out trash, etc, and kitchen details when applicable.
Perform all diapering according to proper diapering procedure
Assist in preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers and preparing needed materials or supplies.
Assist in planning and implementing curriculum and schedule under supervision of the lead teacher.
Supervising and running the classroom when the lead teacher is out.
Be responsible for accomplishing all routine tasks with regard to the health and safety of children and the maintenance of the program in
accordance with state regulations.
- Provide a good balance of active and quiet learning activities.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the program at all times.
- Attend all staff meetings and recommend training programs and conferences.
- Maintain confidentiality about families and co-workers associated with the company.
- Employee shall be able to speak clearly and be able to communicate distinctly in emergency situations, either in groups or on the telephone.
- This person must be flexible and organized.
- They must be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance to the school’s education philosophy.
- This person must have a minimum of completion or be willingness to complete their fundamentals and/or a related college class within their first year.
- Employee shall be able to lift, hold or carry any enrolled child who weights up to 35 lbs.
- 1st Shift l Mon-Fri l 8:00AM-4:30PM
- Hourly rate based on experience
|Use the boxes below to fill out a simple job application. Your recruiter will contact you quickly to go over your information and schedule an interview to see if you qualify for this or other positions.
Apply For This Position Below.