A Brattleboro area day school is looking for a Co-Teacher to join their team! Int his role you will be responsible for planning and implementing appropriate lesson plans. This ideal candidate must have a warm and friendly personality,and be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others. They must be able to relate to children, families and employees. This is a great opportunity to join a wonderful nurturing school environment!
- Plan and assist in long-term curriculums that go along with the program philosophy and goals and Vermont early learning standards.
- Provide a safe and clean classroom environment.
- Organizes and cleans all materials available to children.
- Supports child initiated play.
- Communicates to parents on a regular, consistent basis.
- Communicates with co-teacher constantly.
- Be responsible for accomplishing all routine tasks with regard to the health and safety of children and the maintenance of the program in accordance with state regulations.
- Provide a good balance of active and quiet learning activities.
- Promotes physical development of all children by providing frequent opportunity for fine and gross motor skills, both in and outside.
- Bring children outside all days where weather allows it.
- Complete monthly, weekly, daily curriculum plans for the group and communicates these plans to the assistant and/or support staff.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the program at all times.
- Attend all staff meetings and recommend training programs and conferences.
- Help other staff maintain a professional attitude toward the program, the children, the staff and assist if needed with appropriate communication.
- Maintain confidentiality about families and co-workers associated with the company.
- Be responsible for/maintain observation records.
- Maintain diapering schedule if appropriate for classroom.
- Occasional district or statewide travel; and or prolonged or irregular hours.
- Employee shall be able to speak clearly and be able to communicate distinctly in emergency situations, either in groups or on the telephone.
- This person must be able to lead the classroom, and the assistant teacher.
- This person should be able to maintain a well-organized classroom at all times.
- (7) related field college courses, Associates Degree, Bachelor Degree or Masters in Degree (in related field).
- Employee shall be able to lift, hold or carry any enrolled child who weights up to 35 lbs.
- 1st Shift l Mon-Fri l 8:00AM-4:00PM
- Hourly rate based on experience
|Use the boxes below to fill out a simple job application. Your recruiter will contact you quickly to go over your information and schedule an interview to see if you qualify for this or other positions.
Apply For This Position Below.