· Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of themselves and all other employees working on their shift. This includes maintaining an organized and safe operating environment at all times.
· Responsible for abiding by and enforcing the safety programs for facility.
· Responsible for the operations of the green in feed system, dryer system, dry hammer mill system, kiln dried system, pellet mills and all other associated equipment.
· Responsible for meeting production teams’ goals for quality, throughput, operating efficiency and cost control.
· Responsible for the maintaining a clean and organized work area.
· Responsible for keeping accurate production and down time records, including the operator logs (pellet mill, dryer, etc.).
· Monitors the quality test results and reports any incident that is outside of their specified ranges to their Team Leader or Plant Manager.
· Assists the Material Handlers from time to time with packaging, moving finished goods, stacking finished goods, unloading and loading trucks and any other tasks necessary.
· Other tasks as directed by the Team Leader or Plant Manager.
· 3-5 years manufacturing experience, ideally in a fast paced 24/7 environment.
· Prior experience in manufacturing process trouble shooting.
· Proven disciplined and organized work methods.
· Good communication and documentation skills; ability to read and write; converse with co-workers.
· Prior experience in operating fork trucks, bobcats and other mobile equipment.