Join the team of a local family-owned business looking for 1st shift packagers for their "Ready to Eat" department!
The production team member will perform a variety of tasks related to the manufacturing and packaging of our products in our fast-paced refrigerated facility. The basic function of the packager is to do the final processing of the product and package processed meat products. All in compliance with the standards of wholesomeness, hygiene, health & safety at work.
- Setup, adjust, break down, troubleshoot and operate all of the machinery in the kitchen area to ensure a quality product
- Supply meat for injection and place the pieces of meat on the conveyor of the injector
- Participate in the hanging and stalling of bacon bellies
- Complete quality and safety reports adequately at established frequencies
- Wash machines when changing or at the end of shift when needed
- Maintain quality and quantity performance standards
- Visually check work after completion for cosmetic appearance and noticeable defects
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean, orderly, and operable condition
- Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials, defective product and unusual conditions to the proper Manager
- Good speed of execution is required (fast paced environment)
- Must maintain necessary records
- Must follow safe work practices
- Very good physical shape (frequently lifting and/or moving up to 60 lbs.)
- Must be highly detail-oriented, meticulous, versatile, thorough and resourceful
- Strong commitment to teamwork and concern for others§ High level of personal responsibility and ownership
- Basic mathematical skills in weights, temperatures, times and general numbers
- Ability to work in a cold/hot environment
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- Able to read and follow detailed procedures
- Requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and depth perception
- 1st shift | Mon-Fri | 7:00am-5:00pm
- OT possible on Sat | 7:00am-1:00pm
|Use the boxes below to fill out a simple job application. Your recruiter will contact you quickly to go over your information and schedule an interview to see if you qualify for this or other positions.
Apply For This Position Below.