A well-known Southern VT manufacturer is seeking a 1st shift Manufacturing Technician.
Jump start your manufacturing career! These temp-to-hire positions are a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a growing VT company.
- Under the general supervision and in close collaboration with the engineering staff, produces materials that achieve projected production schedules, and attains maximum efficiency through high product yield and minimum cycle times
- Operates Helios coating chambers so as to produce thin-film optical coatings that meet or exceed design specifications
- Work in a clean-room environment and wear required attire; these may include head covering, spit mask, polyester smock, disposable Nitrile gloves, shoe and boot covers
- Proactively communicates any material and/or equipment problems that may affect production schedules
- Inspects and cleans substrates, coating plates and/or cover plates for cleanliness, scratches and digs before applying coating
- Completes rejection reports for materials that do not appear to meet MCS
- Follows written SOP’s (standard operating procedures) to remove tooling from coating chamber, remove coating from tooling in glass beading cabinets (bead blasting) and final clean for storage and replacement in coating chamber
- Able to read, analyze and follow instructions on Manufacturing Control Sheet (MCS) and other work instructions
- Follows design recap and produces materials that meet or exceed specifications reflected on MCS
- Responsible for maintaining the crest line in both facilities and general facility cleanliness
- Support HVP staff with tooling changes when needed
- Performs initial spectroscopy measurements of product using spectrophotometer equipment to achieve maximum efficiency and accuracy
- Completes rejection reports for materials, which do not appear to meet MCS
- Visually inspects finished coatings for adhesion and deteriorations
- Consults designated engineering staff regarding yield issues and/or product failure
- Ensures that all work tasks are performed in accordance with standard operating procedures and written work instructions
- Ensures that work has been accurately recorded and/or scanned in the computer for data gathering
- Maintains sample components and work area in a clean and well-organized manner as described in the clean-room protocol
- Performs daily equipment inspection and routine maintenance tasks
- Able to recognize and maintain system performance and scheduling compatibilities
- Follows all clean room gowning & cleaning procedures to the letter
- Participates in cross training, continually developing and broadening skills, in order to be able to effectively contribute in production areas outside of processing when needed
- Work with HVP Engineer to inspect and track all finished product produced by the department
- Track quality issues and work with Engineering to propose and implement solutions
- Perform flatness/wavefront distortion measurements with the Shack Hartmann on an as needed basis
- One year certificate from college or technical school; three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong understanding of computers, spreadsheets and other data entry and analysis softwares
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk and hear
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- 1st Shift | Mon-Fri | 6:00am-2:30pm
- Competitive starting wage (more with experience)
|Use the boxes below to fill out a simple job application. Your recruiter will contact you quickly to go over your information and schedule an interview to see if you qualify for this or other positions.
Apply For This Position Below.