Shipping/Receiving (1st Shift)
A well-known Vermont manufacturer is seeking a 1st shift Shipping/Receiving associate.
This position will perform a wide variety of shipping, receiving, packing and inventory duties under the direction of the lead person and/or shipping/receiving supervisor.
- Perform shipping duties, check packing slips against actual goods
- Determine method of shipping including carrier; affix proper postage as required
- Perform packing duties; assure goods packaged according to specifications and to assure safe delivery of all parts
- Maintain adequate packaging supplies; requisition new supplies as required
- Perform receiving duties (other than raw materials); receive goods, check and inspect goods as requires; check for quantity, type, size and for damage
- Follow up on discrepancies, distribute receivable to proper location
- Ship and receive goods to vendors; responsible for count
- Maintain records or other data as required
- Picks-up and delivers mail to Post Office and perform driver duties as required
- Maintains area and equipment in neat, orderly condition
- Responsible for inventory accuracy by conducting periodic cycle counts and/or physical inventories
- Observes all company policies, rules and regulations including good housekeeping, safety and security
- High School Diploma or GED and 1-3 years experience preferred
- Experience with various software and computer systems and data entry skills
- Must have basic math skills and good written/communication skills
- Use of judgment required in planning own work determining shipping methods
- Basic knowledge of product flow through the company
- Must be able to drive and maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. frequently
- Competitive starting wage (more with experience)
- 1st Shift | 7:30am-3:30pm
|Use the boxes below to fill out a simple job application. Your recruiter will contact you quickly to go over your information and schedule an interview to see if you qualify for this or other positions.
Apply For This Position Below.