Congratulations! You have officially graduated high school and the entire world is at your fingertips. It’s finally time to start finding jobs after graduation. Even though your part time burger flipping gig served you well throughout your teenage years, slinging fries and shakes is effectively part of your past when you enlist the expert job-securing help of TPI Staffing.
Your Time to Shine
The ink may not yet be dry on your official diploma, but that doesn’t mean you get to sit around and wait for your dare to be great moment. When you partner with the team at TPI Staffing to find jobs after graduation, you aren’t just sitting shotgun in the vehicle to a successful future – you are taking hold of the wheel.
Why waste precious time you could spend working, dealing with feelings of doubt or uncertainty? Stop dipping your toes in the water. Back up, face the pool, and run as fast as you can toward it with a cannonball entrance your 10-year-old-self would be proud of.
As a team of professionals who have spent plenty of time working with graduates like you, and who have been through the job-seeking process more than once ourselves – we get it. We understand the doubt. We empathize with the uncertainty you are feeling. But we also know, based on a hefty amount of combined experience, that the only way to overcome those fears is to put yourself out there and look for that dare to be great situation.
Get Ready for Greatness
Here at TPI Staffing, we don’t simply collect jobs for people to apply to. Rather, we partner with prospective employees such as yourself, and equip them with everything needed to land that perfect post-grad dream job. If you are ready to retire the hair net and apron (not to mention the seemingly permanent greasy food hair stench) and get ready for greatness – this is your moment. Whether you are ready to give TPI Staffing a call right now, or are still considering if it’s a good fit, take a look at some practical things you should be doing in the meantime.
- Create a Resume – If you are a recent graduate., it’s likely that you don’t have a polished resume ready to hand over to potential employers. The good news is, it’s not as difficult as you might think. A resume is very simply a one-page document meant to showcase what makes you a good addition to a company that is hiring. The trick with resume creation is not to overthink it. Start by jotting down your past employment history, your accomplishments in and out of school. and some of the reasons why you think you should be hired. If you decide to partner with TPI Staffing, your agent will help you take those notes and turn them into an effective and attention-grabbing polished resume.
- Sign Up on LinkedIn – As far as social media sites go, LinkedIn is the go-to for professionals in the workforce. Have your mom or best friend take a nice professional-looking headshot, and start building your profile. The resume we suggested you make first can be directly uploaded to LinkedIn, which increases your marketability and likelihood of connecting with potential employers that would be a good fit. Once your profile is filled in and your picture has been uploaded, start connecting. Search names that you know, and build a network around the industries you are interested in most. LinkedIn is an exceptional resource that should be fully utilized when looking for jobs after graduation.
- Polish Up On Your Interview Skills – One of the roadblocks most commonly met by recent graduates, is a lack of confidence in job seeking. Your TPI Staffing agent will be able to help you polish up on your pitch prior to stepping into a job interview – but it’s important that you take the time to understand what it means to pitch yourself to a potential employer. First of all, first impressions are everything. This old adage has no doubt been ingrained in your brain from an early age – and for good reason. When you meet with a decision maker at a company, it’s imperative that you are adequately prepared for how the interview process works. Here are some things to keep in mind as you mentally prepare for your first of many post-grad job interviews:
- Memorize your resume. In an interview, it’s easy to get flustered and forget things you should know. A hiring manager won’t be impressed with your forgetfulness, especially when it has to do with your own past history. Know your resume from top to bottom, and back up to the top again.
- Do some research. The company that you are hoping to work for has its own rich history. Get on Google and do some digging before your interview. A job candidate that knows a bit of the company’s history will stand out above all other applicants. Spending time researching a company you hope to work for shows that you aren’t afraid to take initiative, which proves you are serious about the job.
- Don’t be shy. Interviewing for a job is one of those times when confidence is as important as what is typed out on your resume. Don’t shy away from your past accomplishments or in your confidence as a potential employee with the company.
- Review commonly asked interview questions. As silly as some of these questions seem, employers take them seriously – and so should you. Do a bit of soul searching before you head into that one-on-one meeting. Ask yourself where you want to be five years from today. Whether you are sure of your answer doesn’t matter. The point is to be able to answer each question effectively and without hesitation.
- Put Yourself Out There – If you have completed all of the above steps, it’s time to start putting yourself out there. For some recent graduates. this means shaking hands with local business owners. For others, it means actually applying directly for jobs. For individuals looking for great jobs after graduation, it means partnering with TPI Staffing. The top employment agency in both New Hampshire and Vermont is ready to help you secure your future with an employed status straight out of high school.
What Are You Waiting For?
High school may be over, but contrary to how you may be feeling, your life is just getting started. Why not set yourself up on a path to ultimate success by partnering with TPI Staffing? Going at it alone is certainly an option – but why not equip yourself with every available tool so that you can head into the workforce with a confidence very few in your position have been able to muster.
Give TPI Staffing a call today, or head online to learn more about how the free process works. A team of highly motivated individuals is waiting for your call. Answer your own call from the future by picking up the phone and dialing TPI Staffing, today. It’s a decision many have made before you, and one you absolutely will not regret.
Your burger-flipping days are long gone. TPI Staffing would like to be the first to welcome you to your future.