Few things in life offer the same feeling of freedom and limitless opportunity as graduating from high school. If you are reading this, chances are you have recently walked across that auditorium stage and into the infinite greatness that is adulthood.
And yet, here you are. The feeling of freedom has quickly turned to dread as you realize that you need to figure out how to find jobs after graduation. Your once patient parents have set the timer, and are lining up contractors to convert your childhood bedroom into a martini lounge.
If you are one of the many students who spent their latter high school years partying instead of planning for the future, we have good news for you. TPI Staffing is the number one source for individuals like yourself who are looking to secure employment and get your parents off your back. By pairing you with one of our expert job sourcing agents, TPI Staffing will work with you to find great choices for jobs after graduation that you will be proud to accept.
So, before you head off to sign up with the local Army recruiting office, check in with the TPI Staffing team located in Keene, NH; Claremont, NH; Lebanon, NH; and Brattleboro, VT. Wherever you happen to reside, TPI has convenient office locations to get you on the right path to secure employment.
Signs You Will Succeed After Graduation
Watching your friends pack their mom’s minivan for their first year in college can be a tough pill to swallow. It doesn’t matter if you have opted out of four-year college due to financial or personal reasons. Regardless of the reasons, here you are – a high school graduate unsure of your future, with parents breathing down your back to figure it out.
The world is full of people like you. People who have taken the road less traveled. People who have chosen to take a different route in life, despite it not being the popular one. Within this group of people, are plenty of individuals who have succeeded tremendously, even against all odds.
Here at TPI Staffing, we are lucky to be sitting in the front row of life, watching some of these people turn their lives into something incredible. We are proud that we have been able to help individuals take their high school career and turn it into a lifelong business career. Over the years of helping people find jobs after graduation, TPI Staffing has seen a specific set of traits and attributes that show up time and again in those people who truly succeed.
If you are ready to conquer the world with your high school diploma in hand, and nothing but potential ahead of you – here are some of the traits and habits you will need to have. Check out the list below, along with tips on how to gain and nurture each one.
- You are Persistent: Whether this involves a phone call with the cable company to get your monthly rate down, or studying relentlessly for that perfect score on your final Geometry test – you never give up. Persistent people, regardless of their academic level, will surely succeed in life. Start showing up more, and stop giving up when the going gets tough.
- You are Committed: Maybe you’ve had the same girlfriend for the past four years. Or maybe you show up to your Grandma’s every Saturday morning at 9AM for tea and conversation. The point is, when you commit to something – you mean it. And you don’t back down. Successful people, especially those who are looking for a new job, need to be able to demonstrate their ability to commit.
- You Exude Confidence: From your firm handshake to the intense eye contact you make sure to make during a conversation – no one would ever doubt your confidence. When you show up to that interview for jobs after graduation – the number one thing your interviewer will be looking for is confidence. If you lack it, well – it’s time to look yourself in the mirror and find it.
- You are a Go-Getter: This one may sound cliche, but if you aren’t willing to go out of your way to accomplish a task, you aren’t going to last long in any profession. Employers look for people who demonstrate their ability to think outside of the box and make things happen when the solution isn’t always clear. If you don’t know the answer, you find it. If you aren’t sure how to complete a task, you will find someone who can teach you. Bottom line – you don’t let a lack of experience get in the way of performing your job.
- You are Optimistic: For you, the glass has always been half full. Rather than see negative situations as catastrophic, you tend to find the silver lining. Pessimists rarely do well in long term employment situations, and employers are more apt to hire someone who isn’t a Debbie Downer. If you are someone who easily gets upset or down on himself, it’s time to pull up your bootstraps and find that silver lining.
- You Go Above and Beyond: When tasked with a project or an opportunity presents itself, you are eager to bring a little extra to the table. Whether that means completing the task early or taking an extra step that wasn’t required but seemed important, successful people understand that simply completing the assignment isn’t always enough.
- You are Flexible: Successful people understand that things don’t always go as planned. Rather than tap your foot in frustration when things end up different than expected, you take action. You are quick on your feet and problem-solve rather than obsess over the unexpected issue.
- You Think Long Term: When you secure your first job after graduation, you realize that it may not be your last. That said, you have a clear vision of where you are, and where you want to be in the future. For recent high school grads, this is usually one of the tougher traits to grasp. Thinking long term when you are still unsure about what career you want to take on can seem impossible – if not futile. Regardless, it’s important to start thinking of the big picture now, so that as you grow into adulthood the future will start to come into focus.
Nurture Your Skills with TPI Staffing
Now that you are aware of some of the traits you should have in order to have a successful career, it’s time to call in the experts. Here at TPI Staffing, we are uniquely qualified to pair you with great employment opportunities here in New England.
Your future is here, graduate. Start sharpening your skill set of successful attributes, and enter into adulthood ready for whatever comes your way. A TPI Staffing agent will get to know you, your abilities, and your interests, and will secure interviews for local job openings that make sense. With this level of job seeking expertise right in your backyard free of charge, what do you have to lose?
Get started today by contacting TPI Staffing. After all, tomorrow is almost here. What are you waiting for? Give us a call, send us a message, or stop by one of our convenient locations to get started on your path to a great career.